Rural Development

USDA Rural Development provides affordable multi-family rental housing in rural areas for low-income, elderly, and disabled individuals and families, active, retired and/or disabled agricultural and cannery workers in Yuba City and Live Oak.

How the Process Works

All Rural Development waiting lists are OPEN at this time. Complete an application(below) for all programs in you are interested in and mail or drop off at the Housing Authority’s front office.

About the Program

USDA Rural Development is committed to helping improve the economy and quality of life in rural America. Through their programs, rural Americans are helped in many ways. Together, America Prospers.

Rural Development provided funding for apartments located in Yuba City and Live Oak. Rental Assistance is available for those who qualify. Most properties include washer/dryer hookups. Water, sewer, and garbage paid.


Property Photo
Live Oak

Butte View Estates

1 and 2-bedroom units for seniors age 62+ or disabled persons.

Property Photo
Live Oak

Centennial Arms

1 and 2-bedroom units.



All Rural Development waiting lists are OPEN at this time.

Applications are accepted in office (Monday-Thursday 8:00am – 5:00pm), by mail or by fax. Please complete an application for each program you are interested in. For more information, call (530) 671-0220

Butte View Estates

English Español

Centennial Arms

English Español

Farm Labor Housing

English Español

Application Change Form

Applicants on the waiting list must report all changes of address, income, preference and family composition in writing to the Housing Authority.

If you are a current applicant, please use the following form to report a change.

English Español

Frequently Asked Questions

  • How long will it take for me to reach the top of the Rural Development waiting list?

    It is not possible to predict how long it will take for someone to get to the top of the waiting list. The wait depends on the rate current tenants move out of a Rural Development Unit.
  • How do I place my name on the Rural Development waiting list?

    The Rural Development waiting list is open.  Turn in a complete application to the Housing Authority office to be placed on the waiting list for the next available unit.
  • What happens if I do not receive the application appointment letter?

    It is important for you to inform the Housing Authority of all address changes while your name is on the waiting list. If you fail to respond because you did not receive the letter or if the letter is returned as "undeliverable", the Housing Authority will proceed down the list and remove your name from the waiting list. If you have any changes, submit an Applicant Change Form (see above) within 10 days.
  • What happens when my name reaches the top of the waiting list?

    You will receive a letter informing you that your name has reached the top of the waiting list and that the Housing Authority is ready to begin the application process. You will be asked to complete a Personal Declaration Form and return it to our office along with various supporting documents.
  • How can I check my status on the waiting list?

    You may contact the Housing Authority front desk at (530) 671-0220 or Toll Free at (888) 671-0220 to check the status of your application. You will be told whether or not your application is ACTIVE on the waiting list. Since the waiting list is NOT organized by date and time, there is no way for the Housing Authority to provide you a "waiting list" number.

This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form,  You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form.

Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at