Neighborhood Stabilization Program

The Neighborhood Stabilization Program was established for the purpose of providing emergency assistance to stabilize communities with high rates of abandoned and foreclosed homes, and to assist eligible low-income households.

How the Process Works

When the waiting list is open, applications are accepted online, in office, by mail or by fax.

The waiting list for the Neighborhood Stabilization Program is CLOSED at this time.

About the Program

The City of Yuba City has teamed together with RHA to provide housing to low and moderate income families.

Under the NSP, the Regional Housing Authority received Community Development Block Grant funds from local jurisdictions to purchase homes for affordable housing opportunities.


Property Photo
Yuba City, Live Oak

Neighborhood Stabilization Program

Single-Family Homes, Duplexes


The waiting list for the Neighborhood Stabilization Program is CLOSED at this time.

When the wait list is open, complete an application for all programs you are interested in and mail or drop off at the Housing Authority’s front office, or apply online.

Application Change Form

Applicants on the waiting list must report all changes of address, income, preference and family composition in writing to the Housing Authority.

If you are a current applicant, please use the following form to report a change.

English Español

Frequently Asked Questions

  • How long will it take for me to reach the top of the NSP waiting list?

    It is not possible to predict how long it will take for someone to get to the top of the Waiting List. The wait depends on when tenants move out of a NSP unit.
  • How do I place my name on the NSP waiting list?

    Turn in a completed application to the Housing Authority office.
  • What happens if I do not receive the application appointment letter?

    It is important for you to inform the Housing Authority of all address changes while your name is on the waiting list. If you fail to respond because you did not receive the letter or if the letter is returned as "undeliverable", the Housing Authority will proceed down the list and remove your name from the waiting list. If you have any changes, submit an Applicant Change Form (see above) within 10 days.
  • What happens when my name reaches the top of the waiting list?

    You will receive a letter informing you that your name has reached the top of the waiting list and that the Housing Authority is ready to begin the application process. You will be asked to complete a Personal Declaration Form and return it to our office along with various supporting documents.
  • How can I check my status on the waiting list?

    You may contact the Housing Authority front desk at (530) 671-0220 or Toll Free at (888) 671-0220 to check the status of your application. You will be told whether or not your application is ACTIVE on the waiting list. Since the waiting list is NOT organized by date and time, there is no way for the Housing Authority to provide you a "waiting list" number.

You have the right to ask the Housing Authority to make a reasonable accommodation of any sort to make RHA programs accessible for you.

To make such a request, please contact the Housing Authority at (530) 671-0220 or TTY (866) 735-2929, or 711. This document is available in alternative formats. Contact Pattra Runge, Section 504 Accessibility Coordinator at (530) 671-0220 ext. 124.