Public Housing

The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) administers Federal aid to the RHA to manage housing for low-income residents at rents they can afford. Rents are based on income, or residents may choose to pay a flat rent.

How the Process Works

When the waiting list is open, applications are accepted online, in office, by mail or by fax.

The waiting list is organized by preference, then date and time of application. Detailed information regarding preference types is available on the application form.

Apply Online

About the Program

Public Housing was established to provide safe, quality rental housing for eligible low-income families, the elderly, and persons with disabilities.

RHA offers Public Housing in the cities of Yuba City at Richland Housing and River City Manor and in Live Oak at Date Street Senior Village. Public Housing is limited to low-income families and individuals. Rents are based on incomes or residents may choose to pay a flat rent.

More information about the Public Housing Program can be found at the Department of Housing and Urban Development

Income Limits


Work Orders/Repair Requests

To request repairs, contact Maintenance at (530) 671-0220 ext. 213

Admissions & Continued Occupancy Policy


Property Photo
Live Oak

Date Street Senior Village

1 and 2-bedroom units.

Property Photo
Yuba City

Richland Public Housing

99 Residential Units.

Property Photo
Yuba City

River City Manor

24 Senior/Disabled Residential Units


The waitlist is currently closed.

Apply Online

Applications are also available at 1455 Butte House Road, Yuba City, CA 95993.

Application Change Form

Applicants on the waiting list must report all changes of address, income, preference and family composition in writing to the Housing Authority.

If you are a current applicant, please use the following form to report a change.

Public Housing Application Change Form

Public Housing Application Change Form_Spanish

Frequently Asked Questions

  • How long will it take for me to reach the top of the Public Housing waiting list?

    It is not possible to predict how long it will take for someone to get to the top of the waiting list. The wait depends on the rate current tenants move out of Public Housing. The waiting list is organized by preference points and names are selected in order of preference and then by date and time. In many cases, you may have to wait many years before your name will reach the top of the list.
  • How do I place my name on the Public Housing waiting list?

    The Public Housing waiting list is opened periodically on an as needed basis. When the waiting list is re-opened, a public announcement is placed in area newspapers and information posted on this website.
  • What happens if I do not receive the application appointment letter?

    It is important for you to inform the Housing Authority of all address changes while your name is on the waiting list. If you fail to respond because you did not receive the letter or if the letter is returned as "undeliverable", the Housing Authority will proceed down the list and remove your name from the waiting list. If you have any changes, submit an Applicant Change Form (see above) within 10 days.
  • What happens when my name reaches the top of the waiting list?

    You will receive a letter informing you that your name has reached the top of the waiting list and that the Housing Authority is ready to begin the application process. You will be asked to complete a Personal Declaration Form and return it to our office along with various supporting documents.
  • How can I check my status on the waiting list?

    You may contact the Housing Authority front desk at (530) 671-0220 or Toll Free at (888) 671-0220 to check the status of your application. You will be told whether or not your application is ACTIVE on the waiting list. Since the waiting list is NOT organized by date and time, there is no way for the Housing Authority to provide you a "waiting list" number.

This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form,  You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form.

Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at